This is about the Amaretto Dream cupcakes!
I decided I wanted to do an amaretto cupcake for my son's second birthday. So I found THIS recipe. I did pin in on my pintrest.
Here is the recipe.
Amaretto Dream Cupcakes Recipe
* 24 Servings
* Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
* 3/4 cup butter, softened
* 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup buttermilk
* 1/4 cup Amaretto
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/3 cup slivered almonds
* Amaretto Butter Frosting (recipe also found in Recipe finder)
* In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
* In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and Amaretto. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in almonds.
* Fill paper-lined muffins cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely. Yield: 2 dozen.
(copied and pasted. Is totally theirs)
It can be fund HERE
Here is the recipe
Amaretto Butter Frosting Recipe
* 24 Servings
* Prep/Total Time: 15 min.
* 3 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1/4 cup butter, melted
* 3 to 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
* 2 to 3 tablespoons Amaretto
* In a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar and butter. Add 3 tablespoons cream and 2 tablespoons Amaretto; beat until smooth. Add remaining cream and Amaretto if needed to achieve spreading consistency. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
So Let's start!
I placed the brown sugar in the bowl.
Ok Now onto the frosting!
I simply combined the ingredients as listed. Was super easy.
I did add some vanilla and almond extract. Made it 100% better.
Then I had some fun.
I placed a piece of plastic wrap down and got out my food colorings. I did a couple spots of color down the put my frosting on top. Then put color on both sides and color on top.
3-4 drops worked well per color.
Then I wrapped it up.
It looked pretty cool.
I use tips with connectors
I threaded the edge of the bag through the opening.
The frosting comes out beautiful and because I used many colors it was very colorful.
Perfect for a little boys birthday.
I was proud of myself. (this is the second time I have ever used a pastry bag!)
The cupcakes were a little dry. They tasted great just very dry. The batter was thick too.
The frosting was to die for. I do believe that the addition of the vanilla and almond extract totally made the amaretto sparkle.
Here are come pics of my son with his special cupcake. It had extra frosting and was all white.
He had a great birthday!