Monday, September 26, 2011

Marashino Cherry Cheesecake

Hi, So, cheesecake!

I made cheesecake for my wonderful husband's birthday yesterday. He is now 32. old.....


I found a recipe for New York style cheesecake. You can find it HERE

I used the top one.

Ingredients
Crust:
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
Filling:
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 eight ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 eggs
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease sides of a springform pan or use a 9-inch round pan, ungreased.
Crust Directions:
1. In a large bowl, combine butter and graham cracker crumbs. Press into bottom of pan and freeze.
Filling Directions:
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar and cream cheese on medium-high speed for 3 minutes.
2. Blend in cream. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each egg is added.
3. Mix in sour cream , flour and vanilla until smooth. Pour the filling batter over the crust.
4. Bake for one hour in preheated oven. Turn oven off and let cake cool in oven for about 5 hours.

5. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.

Only I modified this.

My modifications were to add Maraschino cherries and to use store bought graham cracker crusts.

OK let's start!

***

Here are my ingredients.
Add caption
SO, I placed the cream cheese and sugar int he mixer.
Then I placed a casserole dish of water in the oven. Cheesecakes come out better if they are baked in a moist environment.


I turned on the mixer and let it go for several minutes.
Then added the rest of the ingredients.

This recipe makes a lot of cheesecake. If I were using the springform pans I would probably make two cheesecakes. 

So I filled one of the crusts with cheesecake batter. I wanted one plain.
Then I added a bunch of cherries and the juice.




It turned a lovely shade of pink.

I filled the other crust and still had more so I took out a pie pan and used the remaining in there.

I did make a pretty design with cherries.



And here is the other one before it went into the oven.




And I placed them all in the oven.
They took a little longer than expected.




But came out nicely.

***

The verdict.

I hear they are amazing. I personally have not had any yet. I am trying to lose weight and I chose to not have any that day and have some the next day.

****
Update!

I just tried it. (it is the next day. Original post written 9/20/11)

So creamy. So smooth. So amazing. Totally worth the extra exercise and eating healthier for the rest of my meals.

1 comment:

  1. STOP POSTING AMAZING FOOD I HAVE TO MAKE NOW!

    Seriously, please, please, please do not stop. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete