I am doing brownies in this one!
I was sitting online chatting to my friend Cira, then out of nowhere I felt like something was wrong. That there was a sense of impending doom. Anxiety is fun right?
I wanted to eat something sweet. Nothing really qualifies in the house for that. So I decided to bake brownies. When I started grabbing the ingredients everything felt alright again. Weird right? What a great coping mechanism. I sometimes bake when I am having anxiety issues. But not all my baking spurts are caused by anxiety. At least not that I notice.
So I searched online and found THIS
Here is the recipe Copied and pasted.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
- To Make Frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.
SO, let's see me attempt!
I started by collecting the ingredients and putting them in one place for a lovely picture for you!
Ok, I put the butter in a bowl and cut it up a bit. I use unsalted sweet cream. I microwave it for about 20 seconds. It comes out perfect.
The recipe says you need to grease and flour your pan. You can save the wrapper from you butter to grease the pan with and spread flour on it. OR you can cheat and use bakers joy like I do...
Now onto the frosting!
I combined the ingredients except the powdered sugar(and almond extract!)
Then I tried to spread it on the brownies.
So I thought Well, can't hurt to bake it some more.
I threw it back into the oven.
15 minutes later
Was a bit gooey. But very very yummy. VERY YUMMY. Seriously go make some now! Better yet make two and hide one for yourself because they will be gone if anyone else tastes them.
My thoughts. Will make again and again and again. Super easy. Very yummy. And the ingredients are easy to have on hand.
And now some gratuitous shots of the cute toddler. I gave him the spatula from the frosting.
Update. made these again last night. I doubled the recipe. Used a 9x 13 pan. Also I checked for doneness lol.
I put the icing on in globs evenly over the whole thing. then stuck it back in the oven for a few minutes. When I took it out it was all melted. I then took a spatula and spread it out evenly. When it cooled it took on the texture and flavor of fudge.
So baking the frosting turns it from a frosted brownie to a fudge topped brownie.