Sunday, September 4, 2011

Runza Casserole

Good evening. (read that in a creepy dracula voice)


Today I write about the Runza casserole.



Let me start by explaining what Runza is. Runza is a fast food joint in Omaha Nebraska. The link to their website is HERE


If you are ever in Omaha check them out. Seriously order a cheese runza with frings. Frings are their combo of crinkle cut fries and onion rings. Perfection!


SO let's start with the ingredients

First you add the hamburger and the whole box onion soup mix to a large skillet. Brown hamburger.
yummy
Boil the coleslaw mix. Is done when slightly transparent and less stiff.
Then drain. Add to the hamburger mix.
While these things cook you can set up your casserole dishes. I use two 9x13 casserole dishes.

One can of crescent rolls layed flat will cover the dish.
Then cover with cheese!
Then add the meat cabbage mixture.




Then more cheese!


Then another layer of crescent rolls.
Then bake according to the package directions on the crescent rolls.
They are done when the top looks a beautiful golden brown.
Here is my plate.


My thoughts.

Is a great meal. Is awesome as leftovers. Is super easy to make. I was sick when I made this. I learned to do this as a teenager. A great teen meal. This made two casseroles.

No comments:

Post a Comment