Wednesday, September 21, 2011

No bake cookies.

Hi all!

Anyone else hear Heidy ho ranger joe? is that from full house?

Anyways, I wanted to make no bake cookies. I suck hard at making no bake cookies. (still do) Normally I convince the dear husband to make them for me. He was at work. hmmmmm

I found a recipe on allrecipies. seemed ok. Here is the link. I thought I have made many beautifully delicious things from scratch before. I should be able to do this. Little hint I was wrong.

Anyways, here is the recipe and ingredient list.

Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened. 
***********

Let's see me fail!

Ok I got the ingredients together. 
First  I added the milk and sugar. 
Then the butter and cocoa. and Almond extract. (was out of vanilla)
I then brought to a boil and I timed it per the instructions.


It looked something like this. 
Then I added the peanut butter and the oats. I decided on a whim to add some coconut. 
I placed foil on the table because I do not have waxed or parchment paper. 
I then enlisted my handy-dandy 8 year old to plop the cookies down. 
****


The verdict. 


They tasted a little off. Probably because I was out of vanilla and substituted almond extract. They also did not harden until the next day.


I count them as a failure. 


Despite my failure status my family inhaled them.

No comments:

Post a Comment